What Is the GDYO Parents Guild?
The GDYO Parent’s Guild is a Social Network of Parent Members whose participation
in Guild initiatives enhances the quality of the GDYO program in the following ways:
- Invite incoming parents of GDYO musicians to join the Guild and through
membership provide a powerful show of unity, involvement and activity that
attracts significant donations from corporations, foundations, grants and individual
- Partner with GDYO operational and artistic staff to support the program through
planned activities such as social events, merchandise offerings, and committee
- Identify and fund essential elements and activities that enhance the GDYO
experience for student musicians.
- Provide leadership for social events and meaningful experiences that foster
friendships and networking bonds among parents of talented musicians.
- Create and uphold a team structure to plan and execute Guild projects in an
efficient, balanced, enjoyable and inclusive manner for all involved.
In 2019-20, the Guild raised over $40,000 in family memberships and saw additional contributions through merchandise sales (T shirts, CDs, photos, etc.), and for 20-21 our goal is simple: to have 100% parent participation in the Guild regardless of membership size. The Parents Guild has grown to become GDYO’s single largest contributor, and a significant resource through our volunteerism.
In recent seasons, Guild activities and support for GDYO included:
- Purchase of instruments and music folders for use by GDYO musicians.
- Organization, distribution and sale of Guild merchandise (photos, T Shirts, and more) for fundraising to support GDYO; Guild volunteers also staffed fundraising sales tables at concerts and parent meetings.
- Annual contributions to Tour and Scholarship Funds, including support for the August 2017 Flute Choir Trip.
- Organized and hosted dinners and social events.
- Sponsored the Richard Giangiulio Artist Development Scholarship.
- Treats to celebrate first and last rehearsals for the students.
- Volunteers who staffed rehearsal break snack service for students each week.
- Purchase of the annual GDYO membership patches given to all musicians.
- Purchase of lapel pins for seniors to wear at year-end concerts for graduation recognition.
- Parents also participate in strategic committees such as the Planning, Alumni, Development and Outreach Committees.
How can your Family participate?
Become a Member and find a place to volunteer – GDYO needs our support now more than ever!
Thank you for supporting GDYO through your membership in the Parent’s Guild!