What Is the GDYO Guild?
The GDYO Guild is a membership organization of parents from all 8 ensembles of the Greater Dallas Youth Orchestra program whose purpose is to support the GDYO through fundraising and volunteering. In 2017-18, the Guild raised over $20,000 in family memberships and saw additional contributions through merchandise sales (T shirts, CDs, photos, etc.)
The goals for the 2018-19 season are to raise $35,000 and reach 100% parent participation in the Guild.
The Parent Guild of the Greater Dallas Youth Orchestra is a significant source of financial contribution to the organization!
In recent seasons, Guild activities and support for GDYO included:
- Purchase of instruments and music folders for use by GDYO musicians.
- Organization, distribution and sale of Guild merchandise (photos, T Shirts, and more) for fundraising to support GDYO; Guild volunteers also staffed fundraising sales tables at concerts and parent meetings.
- Annual contributions to Tour and Scholarship Funds, including support for the August 2017 Flute Choir Trip.
- Organized and hosted dinners and social events.
- Sponsored the Richard Giangiulio Artist Development Scholarship.
- Treats to celebrate first and last rehearsals for the students.
- Volunteers who staffed rehearsal break snack service for students each week.
- Purchase of the annual GDYO membership patches given to all musicians.
- Purchase of lapel pins for seniors to wear at year-end concerts for graduation recognition.
- Parents also participate in strategic committees such as the Planning, Alumni, Development and Outreach Committees.
How can your family participate?
Become a Member and find a place to volunteer. We’ll discuss details at our upcoming Parent Meetings:
- August 26th
- Wind Symphony and Flute Choir at 1:00 pm
- GDYO at 5:00 pm
- September 9th
- GDYO Jazz at 3:30 pm
- Philharmonic at 1:45 pm
- September 16th
- YPO at 1:00 pm
- DSE at 3:30 pm
- Sinfonietta at 7:00 pm
You’ll also be able to buy merchandise and order photos at the meetings.
Look for new t-shirt designs!
Please browse the categories for information about Guild activities.
Thank you for supporting GDYO through your membership in the Parent’s Guild!