What Is the GDYO Guild?
The GDYO Guild is a membership organization of parents from all 8 ensembles of the Greater Dallas Youth Orchestra program whose purpose is to support the GDYO through fundraising and volunteering. In 2017-18, the Guild raised over $20,000 in family memberships and saw additional contributions through merchandise sales (T shirts, CDs, photos, etc.)
The goals for the 2018-19 season are to raise $35,000 and reach 100% parent participation in the Guild.
The Parent Guild of the Greater Dallas Youth Orchestra is a significant source of financial contribution to the organization!
In recent seasons, Guild activities and support for GDYO included:
- Purchase of instruments and music folders for use by GDYO musicians.
- Organization, distribution and sale of Guild merchandise (photos, T Shirts, and more) for fundraising to support GDYO; Guild volunteers also staffed fundraising sales tables at concerts and parent meetings.
- Annual contributions to Tour and Scholarship Funds, including support for the August 2017 Flute Choir Trip.
- Organized and hosted dinners and social events.
- Sponsored the Richard Giangiulio Artist Development Scholarship.
- Treats to celebrate first and last rehearsals for the students.
- Volunteers who staffed rehearsal break snack service for students each week.
- Purchase of the annual GDYO membership patches given to all musicians.
- Purchase of lapel pins for seniors to wear at year-end concerts for graduation recognition.
- Parents also participate in strategic committees such as the Planning, Alumni, Development and Outreach Committees.
How can your family participate?
Become a Member and find a place to volunteer. We’ll discuss details at our upcoming Parent Meetings:
- August 26th
- Wind Symphony and Flute Choir at 1:00 pm
- GDYO at 5:00 pm
- September 9th
- GDYO Jazz at 3:30 pm
- Philharmonic at 1:45 pm
- September 16th
- YPO at 1:00 pm
- DSE at 3:30 pm
- Sinfonietta at 7:00 pm
You’ll also be able to buy merchandise and order photos at the meetings.
Look for new t-shirt designs!
Please browse the categories for information about Guild activities.
Thank you for supporting GDYO through your membership in the Parent’s Guild!
You don’t want to miss our Mother’s Day Dinner and Spring Concert featuring the Greater Dallas Youth Orchestra on May 13, 2018 at 5:30 pm at the Meyerson Symphony Center! This special event is open to all GDYO families of all ensembles. Honorary Chairs Pat &...