Why Support the Greater Dallas Youth Orchestras?
The Greater Dallas Youth Orchestras is recognized locally, nationally and internationally as an organization that offers high quality musical instruction and unique performance opportunities for area youth. As a non-profit organization, less than 37% of our revenue is generated through tuition fees. We rely on contributions made by individuals, foundations, corporations and in-kind services to continue and grow our programs. Help us to give the gift of music to area youth!
You may not know that:
- GDYO programs are the only venue for orchestral training for many private, home schools, and school districts without an orchestra program.
- 700 young people auditioned for placement in the orchestras this year.
- Any student that successfully auditions for programs is accepted regardless of ability to pay.
- 400 culturally diverse students come from 50 communities and 118 different schools.
- Between 60 to 90 hours of instruction is provided for students each year.
- Conductors and coaches come from the Dallas Symphony, Dallas Opera, Dallas Wind Symphony and university faculties.
- 100% of GDYO students go on to higher education each year.
Your tax-deductible contribution will help us to:
- Grant over $20,000 annually in student scholarship assistance.
- Provide over 1,000 complimentary tickets to low-resource students, senior citizens, families and teachers.
- Grant scholarships to minority students, in an attempt to increase their representation in the classical music world.
- Continue to fulfill our mission... to provide music education and performance opportunities for musically talented youth.
The Greater Dallas Youth Orchestra partners with area arts organizations in an effort to support each other's programs. Collaborations include marketing of events, shared performances, administrative and much more. We would like to thank the following organizations for their partnership:
- Chamber Music International
- Children’s Chorus of Greater Dallas
- Cooperative Arts News
- Dallas Chamber Music
- Dallas Children’ Theater
- Dallas Wind Symphony
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra
- Fine Arts Chamber Players
- Sammons Center for the Arts
- Shakespeare Dallas
Thank you for supporting the students of the Greater Dallas Youth Orchestras. Your generous donation in any amount is appreciated.